none
Sensor driver in .NET. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
     Looking at the 'TimeSensor' C++ sample, which comes with the Windows7 DDK, I was wondering if it would be possible to write a logical software based sensor driver in .NET since the SensorExtensionClass  and all other datamodels to interact are COM based.
     I have been looking for a dll or tlb in order to try this but I can't find it in the DDK.
    Love to hear your feedback and suggestions.

Regards.

Yves

Monday, September 14, 2009 11:15 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately, writing an UMDF Driver in .NET is not supported. If you have any other questions regarding Sensor driver development please let us know.

Thanks,
    Prasanna
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:51 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Have you looked at the posted Interop sample yet (http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?ProjectName=SensorsAndLocation&DownloadId=5039)? I don't believe it has a logical sensor sample, but I know a couple of those have been done (possible with a little additional custom interop).
    Monday, September 14, 2009 5:09 PM
  • Hi,
     I already downloaded and installed the Interop package and build the SensorDiagnosticTool on top of that. The Interop seems to provide a .NET solution for the client side API for reading sensor information. I was referring to the driver side which should deliver the data. It 's what is covered in the 'SensorSkeleton' C++ code and communicates to the Sensor and Location platform through the ISensorClassExtension.
    Regards.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:59 AM
  • Unfortunately, writing an UMDF Driver in .NET is not supported. If you have any other questions regarding Sensor driver development please let us know.

Thanks,
    Prasanna
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:51 PM
    Answerer