Getting System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException when sending multiple write requests. RRS feed

• Question

• User1479045012 posted

Is there a setting that limits how many requests a user can send within a time period?

When I send a single PUT ajax request to the server to write to the local file system it works fine. If I add a 250 ms delay, I can send as many as I want. However if I try to send any other PUT requests, and sometimes evens simple GETs, after the first one before 250 ms, I get System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException. When I get this exception, the request get denied and the server side functions don't seem to be called.  So it sounds like a configuration issue. Any ideas? Thanks.

Thursday, July 3, 2014 11:45 PM

Answers

• User-1454326058 posted

Hi gigas,

Looks like it was because I was writring to the bin folder of the web app, which causes the app pool to recycle.

I suggest that you could save the files to the other place. In my opinion, using the FTP to manage the file is good.

Thanks

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 6, 2014 9:35 PM

All replies

• User1479045012 posted

Well I isolated the problem more. The problem occurs when I try to write to a file located in the web application folder too quickly. However, if I write it in another folder like a D:\ which is a non-system drive, it works fine. Still trying to figure this out.

Friday, July 4, 2014 6:49 PM
  • User1479045012 posted

Looks like it was because I was writring to the bin folder of the web app, which causes the app pool to recycle.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9802812/does-any-change-in-any-file-inside-bin-folder-cause-application-recycle-in-asp-n

Friday, July 4, 2014 8:46 PM
  • User-1454326058 posted

Hi gigas,

I suggest that you could save the files to the other place. In my opinion, using the FTP to manage the file is good.

Thanks

Best Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 6, 2014 9:35 PM