none
Azure Resources unavailable through the portal RRS feed

  • Question

  • After logging into the Azure Portal (https://portal.azure.com), I can view all of the reports in my Dashboard, but am unable to load any resources. Clicking on "All resources" in the left menu fails to load anything, as does clicking on specific resource types - such as "App Services" or "SQL Databases".

    I have verified that I do not have any filters selected (ie: All Subscriptions, All types, All locations, No grouping) and I have opened the portal in private browsing mode and hard refreshed (clearing cookies and cache). I have also confirmed that others in my workplace also cannot access resources through the portal.

    As far as I am aware, the portal stopped working for us sometime between Friday and 9:00 this morning.

    Monday, July 24, 2017 4:55 PM

All replies

  • Hi, 

    When you say stopped working, are you talking about seeing an error or just seeing an empty list?

    If it's the latter, here are some things to check:

          • Are you sure those resources were not deleted? You can check the Activity Log.
          • Did someone on your team remove your permissions to see those resources?
          • Are you sure you're logged into the correct directory? You can click on your avatar in the top right corner to see the list of directories (AKA tenants) you are a part of.

          Thanks,

          Adam

    Thursday, July 27, 2017 4:42 PM
  • There was no error message, just a long wait and then "No Resources to Display". I verified that the resources existed, were still web-accessible, and were functioning properly. Additionally, I verified that my permissions were still accurate and no-one else had made any changes to either my account or the Azure resources, and that I was logged into the correct directory. I also had several co-workers verify that they were experiencing the same issues loading Azure resources.

    The issue has since resolved itself and the resources are actually displaying the way I expect them to.

    It was not resolved as a result of anything that we did. Given the evidence, it looks like this was a silent Azure issue (not reported in the Azure trust interface, blog, or via customer emails), which was later silently corrected - possibly as a side-effect of some other internal Azure/AD issue being resolved.

    • Proposed as answer by Askwizard Monday, August 14, 2017 12:26 PM
    Monday, July 31, 2017 6:18 PM
  • Glad to hear things are now working as expected.
    Monday, July 31, 2017 7:44 PM