Developing for Windows RT 8 (NOT 8.1, which I cannot find released) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am struggling with something I am sure isn't too hard so please help!

I want to try and develop apps for a windows 8 rt tablet I have.  I am using a laptop with windows 8.1 and vs 2013 to develop.  I have downloaded the sample app pack, however this is for windows 8.1 and from what I can see there is no windows rt 8.1 yet.

I have compiled one of the sample apps, moved all files to memory stick and trying to run on tablet.  I am not sure what file to run, have just gone into Bin and selected the application file, is this the correct one?  It won't run so it is either wrong file to select or it is because aimed for 8.1.

I cannot find anyway of changing the target platform version from 8.1 to 8 as it is greyed out..  This is for either the sample apps or any new projects I start.

So really questions are:

1. How to change target platform version to windows 8 (in VS2013)?
    2. How to use the sample apps for 8.1 to help me develop for windows RT?
    3. Is there a windows rt 8.1?!

Many Thanks,

Rich

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:17 PM

Answers

• 1) you can only maintain current windows 8.0 projects in VS2013. If want a new windows 8 project you need VS2012. VS2013 cant make it

2. lot of examples you can find here: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps

3. Yes there is. Windows 8.1 is also available for arm processors powered devices like the surface and surface 2

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:22 PM