none
Add Consume Adapter Service, get error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know what is the problem, but starting today i get this error when I do add generated Items to generate schema

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataPanel.EnumerateAllAvailableBindings(String bindingExtensionName, String bindingConfiguration)
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataPanel..ctor(MetadataUserControl usercontrol, AdapterProperties properties, String bindingExtensionName, String bindingConfiguration, String uri)

I repair the biztalk adapter pack..

no change, still the same error!!

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Check the configurations in "c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config" as well as "c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config". You may have an issue with an adapter that is causing the issue. 

I would examine each line in:

- system.serviceModel/extensions/behaviorExtensions

- system.serviceModel/extensions/bindingElementExtensions

- system.serviceModel/extensions/bindingExtensions

- system.serviceModel/extensions/endpointExtensions

Try comment out one at a time anything to do with Microsoft.Adapaters.* and see if the above issue disappears. 

HTH

Friday, February 9, 2018 3:35 PM