SubReport Questions RRS feed

• Question

• What if i had created a main report and then i created anoter 2 reports and make them as a subreport for my main report.What would be done if i were to deploy them in a UI interface(i mean,not in report viewer). Would i only need to deploy my main repot or the 3 rdl would be needed to de deployed.Thanks guys!!

Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to deploy the 3 rdls to the UI Interface, since sub report also a Physical report which needs to set up the DSN settings. If you dont do it, when you click the Main report then you will get the Sub report not found message from the Report Server.

Cheers,

Siva

Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:45 AM
  •  

Oh..so i also need to deploy the 2 subreport.I thought before that it will automatically call the 2 subreport rdl,regarding that they are in the same path hehe..Thanks Siva..if ever i had another question,i will just post in here again..hehe.. Thank you so much...

Cheers,

Pleng

Thursday, September 13, 2007 11:11 PM
  •  

Oh no!! here it comes..My subreport wont show in my main report after being deployed in a server..
    Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:10 AM
  • Before you  deploy the 3 rdl, you should control the parameters. If these subreports use the main report's parameters, you can set the subreport properties->parameters-> 

<subreport_parameter_name>   =Parameters!<mainreport_parameter_name>.Value

Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:22 AM
  •  

thanks for the reply benjcev..i had already tried that,but still doesnt work..

Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:35 AM
  •  

thanks for the reply benjcev..i had already tried that,but still doesnt work..And by the way,i really need to deploy also my sub reports??

Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:35 AM
  • yes I think you should deploy the subreports onto report server.
    Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:53 AM
  •  

Uhm...im just curious, has someone out there tried not to deploy the subreport and still successfully deployed the report showing its subreport???without the error?? Because i was thinking that it would be great if the subreport will automatically be in-one with the main report(as it was embeded??)hehe..Could it be possible?Is there any work around like that?Hope to hear from someone who knows..

Monday, October 1, 2007 8:51 AM
  • The sub-report needs to be there always.
    Monday, October 1, 2007 11:11 AM
  •  

aw....tsk..tsk.. i thought there could be a work around...sigh...hehe..Thanks ChandraD
    Tuesday, October 2, 2007 12:37 AM