none
How to check file integrity after file copy operation? RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any API in CE that help check data integrity of files copied to a drive?

We are observing random checksum error on a file we load at boot-up after several power cycle. So I'm wondering if there are ways we can prevent this via some file system check or file transfer API. So that if the file copied was corrupted, we will first revert to the original file before power cycle.

• Edited by MJ Masbad Wednesday, January 21, 2015 6:18 AM
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:39 AM

All replies

• Maybe I could if some folks can suggest any windows API to call before I reboot my unit in order to make sure all registry, cache, and the file system have all settled before anything is being reset.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 7:05 AM
  • Have you looked at this older blog?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ce_base/archive/2006/03/15/increasefsthroughput.aspx

You didn't specify which Windows CE version you want; maybe it's not so old?!

There's nothing you can do to "always" prevent data loss during filesystem access. If the power goes away, unless you have enough backup power on your board to complete the last operation there's always a door for problems. You should code to help recover from such events.

Paul T.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 8:08 PM