Video Streaming - How to play multiple small files sequentially within the same stream RRS feed

• Question

• User-473520566 posted

Hi Guys, Not sure if this is the best category to post this, but I couldn't find anything better and this was the closest.

My question is that does anyone know of a method to stream video files sequentially one after another without any gaps or interuptions in the stream according to the clock time?

What my aim is to have a URL endpoint that can be used to stream this but I want to have this stream pre-configured.

Example:

1. We have 3 x 1 hour video files  e.g. .mov, .avi
    2. I want to stream these 3 hours sequentially starting from 09:00am to 12:00
    3. When a user requests the URL enpoint, they should recieve the video stream
    4. If the user requests the stream at 09:30am, the stream should only stream this point onwards i.e. play the remaining 30mins of file 1 and then continue onto file 2 and 3.

The important assumption here is that a background process would need to be playing these 3 hours outside asp.net and when a user requests the URL endpoint the stream should be directed to them but not from the start, but from the position based on the current clock time.

How can this background process be performed to play these video files or does anyone know a better method?

Sunday, March 28, 2010 8:36 PM

Answers