Text sizing problems in Sharepoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently began having difficulty getting text to display at the right size within Content Editor Webparts as well as in predefined text areas within pages like the (Welcome Page) Blank Web Part Page.

When I use the font size button in the rich text editor, the smallest of the list of options is too big for what i need. I've tried setting the sizes manually in html but again something seems to be scaling them up and they become larger. Interestingly, when I remove the font size instruction in the html completely, the text doesn't scale up, but is too small to be useable.

I've done a bit of research and suspect this might have something to do with some sort of interaction between the rich text editor and the site and/or system master template.

Any ideas anyone???

Thanks

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please provide some brief about layout & what exactly you would like to implement ?

we can definitely achieve this by hard code as well, if you have SharePoint Designer or any HTML editor use split view and then in design view add controls you want to place on page. you can modify that control as per your requirement and adjust height and width.

You will get code of that same layout in the design view, copy that code and put it in source editor of content editor web part which will add the exact controls on page.

Please let us know if this will be helpful.

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:58 AM
  • Thanks for your response Pratik.

Actually I'm not looking to achieve any particular effect, I'm just trying to get the rich text editor to work properly. It seems that whenever I try to enter text into a webpart with a rich text editor toolbar, the appearance of the text changes when I click Ok to post the text. In other words What You See Is Not What You Get! Usually the text becomes much larger. 

I have a hunch that it is to do with some conflict or setting within the master templates, but despite some tinkering have not been able to resolve the issue.

I hope that makes some sort of sense :-)!

Thursday, December 22, 2011 3:44 PM
  • the_chowder,

Have you tried using the Developer Toolbar (IE) or Firebug (I think) for Firefox, or something similar for whatever browser you are using, to check the styles that are being applied to your text when the page is displayed in the browser?  It does sound like there is probably some sort of conflict or overlapping of styles that is changing the size of your text to something other than what you are setting it to initially.  I often use one of these tools to check exactly which styles are affecting an element on a page when I have issues in modifying something.

Hope that helps,
    Chanda

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:56 PM