none
Can readyboost be used with Windows XP Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I have an older laptop (Dell Inspiron 1000) which is limited to 512Mb of system ram.  So I am wondering if anyone has tried or if it is even fesiable to use readyboost with XP Pro?  If anyone has an answer could you please email me.  I know it is not normal to do so; because in other groups I have told people I was answering that if they could not be bothered to come back and look to see if their question has been answered that I could not be bothered to email it to them.  So if you know the answer and are like me could you at least post the question here in lue of emailing it to me so that I can come back and see it?

email:  paulbryantsr@gmail.com

Sunday, September 12, 2010 10:13 PM

All replies

• Readyboost is not back ported. Its a feature of Windows 7. You can't be used in Windows XP.

>> If anyone has an answer could you please email me.  I know it is not normal to do so; because in other groups I have told people I was answering that if they could not be bothered to come back and look to see if their question has been answered that I could not be bothered to email it to them.  So if you know the answer and are like me could you at least post the question here in lue of emailing it to me so that I can come back and see it?

>>email:  paulbryantsr@gmail.com

Its your question, you need to care about it.

My next phone is Windows Phone 7 and my current browser is IE 9
    • Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Thursday, December 2, 2010 4:46 PM
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 9:40 PM