How to create custom theme in office 365 public facing site? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a SharePoint Public facing site.I am looking for a way to customize a site theme, in particular applying different colors to the header background and the navigation font color. How should I create custom theme in office 365 public site to create custom color palette(Theme URL) and define custom fonts(Font URL).

below are the default themes of SharePoint, I want to create custom theme with custom css etc. Is It possible and If yes then How should I achieve It?

Thanks in Advance.

Friday, April 24, 2015 1:49 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The following steps for your reference:

1. Login to your Office 365 tenant

2. Obtain the location of your masterpage files

3. Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive to your masterpage gallery

4. Edit your masterpage in the web editor of your choice

5. Saving and previewing your changes on SharePoint

More information is here:

Office 365 Branding-Creating a custom masterpage for your Office 365 SharePoint Public-Facing website

http://rstagg.com/2013/04/17/office-365-branding-creating-a-custom-masterpage-for-your-office-365-public-facing-website/

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 27, 2015 6:57 AM
  • Hi Dennis

What you mean by

<<4. Edit your masterpage in the web editor of your choice>>

if this mean editing and changing existing default master pages, i don't agree with you, because it's possible that for next SP365 updates, made by Microsoft, these master pages will be rewritten

if you mean to customize his new , master page . yes, i agree with your solution

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Monday, April 27, 2015 12:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The following steps for your reference:

1. Login to your Office 365 tenant

2. Obtain the location of your masterpage files

3. Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive to your masterpage gallery

4. Edit your masterpage in the web editor of your choice

5. Saving and previewing your changes on SharePoint

More information is here:

Office 365 Branding-Creating a custom masterpage for your Office 365 SharePoint Public-Facing website

http://rstagg.com/2013/04/17/office-365-branding-creating-a-custom-masterpage-for-your-office-365-public-facing-website/

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 27, 2015 6:57 AM
  • Hi Dennis

What you mean by

<<4. Edit your masterpage in the web editor of your choice>>

if this mean editing and changing existing default master pages, i don't agree with you, because it's possible that for next SP365 updates, made by Microsoft, these master pages will be rewritten

if you mean to customize his new , master page . yes, i agree with your solution

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Monday, April 27, 2015 12:43 PM