Import Test result from CppUnit to TFS reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Im using TFS to build all my projecs and in them i build a specifi exe that will run all my unit test. The result is saved in an XML file. Now i would like the result from this test suites to be imported to TFS. The XML file is generated by CppUnit test. I run the file from my target "AfterTest" and in the target "BeforeDropBuild" i copy all XML files to my drop location.

I have access to both TFS 2010 and 2008 backend servers, but i must work in VS2008 because i crosscompile for CE and there is no SDK for 2010.

Now i would like the build process to import the result so when i run reports within TFS i could see some nice results. Is that possible, and if so, how shall the XML file be formated to work?

/James

Friday, March 11, 2011 11:59 PM

Answers

• Hello

Thanx for your reply. I have looked at the sugested sites and digged some more in the build process. Our Test program is fully built for CppUnit and the resulting

XML file is a CppUnit result. It would not be easy for me to convert this file to a trx file. BUT i found a quite nice solution.

First i use the new MSBuild target XslTransformation and transform the result to an jUnit XML result file. I then used the PublishJUnit task from the Ant integration to transform the new XML file to trx files and publish them in the TFS.

So entire problem was solved with 2 small calls.

/James

• Marked as answer by jamhan053 Monday, March 14, 2011 9:50 PM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 9:50 PM

All replies