set-up defaults for versioning? RRS feed

• Question

• My question is:  Is there a way to set-up the defaults of the document library so the defaults are there automatically and no one has to remember to make the changes?  J

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Robert,

Take a document library that has the version settings that you want to use as default, then save it as a template. 

Good luck,

Ann

Ann
    • Marked as answer by Robert Steven Thursday, February 3, 2011 9:39 PM
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I am sorry I don’t understand what your default for versioning is. Please give more information for “default”.

I hope it can help you a little.
    Best regards,
    David Hu

Thursday, January 20, 2011 1:52 AM
  • Hi David,

I created the 2011 document library in each of the client sites a couple of weeks ago.  We recently had an incident where we needed to get a previous version of a document, but because I failed to turn versioning on in the library, the previous version wasn’t there.  Naturally, I went through and changed all of the settings for the all of the 2011 document libraries.

so is there a way to set the defaults to turn the versioning on in the library?

Best regards

Robert

Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:48 PM
  • Hi Robert,

Take a document library that has the version settings that you want to use as default, then save it as a template. 

Good luck,

Ann

Ann
    • Marked as answer by Robert Steven Thursday, February 3, 2011 9:39 PM
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:06 AM
  • Hi,

I’m sorry I don’t understand what the “2011”means. Is it version number or the number of document library, or other means?

I hope it can help you a little.
    Best regards,
    David Hu

Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:56 AM
  • Hi David, yes it is my document library(2011)
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 9:40 PM