none
IS it Possible Two receiveportshave common receive location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Exceperts,

i have one receive port configred common receivelocation diffrent file mask

1.receiveport1-> configured with receivelocation c:\sample\in.xml

->configured with receivelocation c:\sample\in2.xml ,, 

Is it possible, i want do like this,

i would like to create one more receivport2->configured with receivelocation c:\sample\in2.xml ,, 

Thanks in advance

• Edited by anilraos Friday, May 17, 2013 5:08 PM s
    Friday, May 17, 2013 5:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Anil,

Receive port are logical containers for Receive Locations. Receive location is where you specify the details about the transport to be used, the exact address where the message is to be received and other properties specific to that particular transport type.

Read this MSDN post from more details which clarify the existence of a Receive Port and Receive locations.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Chandra Kumar Monday, May 20, 2013 12:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Friday, May 24, 2013 11:13 AM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Anil,

You can’t have multiple receive locations polling to same location. Admin console would not allow you to create multiple receive locations point to same path.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Friday, May 17, 2013 6:01 PM
  • sorry Ashwin , i did not got u . please explain clearly ....
    Friday, May 17, 2013 6:26 PM
  • Receive location are always created within a Receive Port. You can not reuse an existing receive location in another receive port
    Friday, May 17, 2013 7:44 PM
  • Hi Anil,

If you try to configure a Receive location to an already existing path i.e.

As you said, you already have a ReceivePort1 which has two Receive locations

• RecevieLocation1 – configured to look/poll for any files in the path “c:\sample\in.xml”
    • RecevieLocation2 – configured to look/poll for any files in the path “c:\sample\in2.xml”

Now if you want to create another receive port, say for example: ReceivePort2 with Receive location

• ReceiveLocation3 – And if you configure this Receive location to look for any files in the path “c:\sample\in2.xml” you will get following error as this path (“c:\sample\in2.xml”) is already configured under RecevieLocation2.

"Address should be unique for Receive Location 'Receive Location1'.

Address 'c:\sample\in2.xml' is already present for Receive Location 'ReceiveLocation2'. (Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM)"

You can’t have multiple Receive locations configured to a same path/location even though these Receive locations are configured under different Receive ports.

Hope I have understood your question properly.

Or if your question is about sharing a Receive locations in two Receive Ports, then you can’t have two Receive ports sharing a common Receive location, as Receive locations should get created under a separate Receive port. FYI Receive ports are logical container for Receive locations.

If you want to get clearer, try create the Receive ports and locations in Administrator console and you will get to know.

Friday, May 17, 2013 7:55 PM
  • In your example you have written the same URL-s, that's why guys didn't understand you clearly. If you mentioned different file mask, you are OK.

URL-s should be different. So if the locations have the same folder but different file masks, they produce different URL-s and it is permitted.

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] BizTalk: the Naming Conventions in Examples

Friday, May 17, 2013 8:05 PM
  • thanks very much ashwin for valueable response,

i got it ,.

i changed my approch now , 

before im going create new Receiveport 2, i reomoved receivelocation2 under Receievport1

Then i created Receiveport2->

configured RecevieLocation2 – configured to look/poll for any files in the path “c:\sample\in2.xml”

----------------------------------------

I Have small doubt->--

As you said, you already have a ReceivePort1 which has two Receive locations

• RecevieLocation1 – configured to look/poll for any files in the path “c:\sample\in.xml”
    • RecevieLocation2 – configured to look/poll for any files in the path “c:\sample\in2.xml”

But Problem is Here, if  it is common  receive location for two file, ex:i dropped in.xml, then how biztalk performenc respective receievport and receive locations iib core level

Thanks in advance....

Friday, May 17, 2013 9:43 PM
  • Hi Anil,

Receive port are logical containers for Receive Locations. Receive location is where you specify the details about the transport to be used, the exact address where the message is to be received and other properties specific to that particular transport type.

Read this MSDN post from more details which clarify the existence of a Receive Port and Receive locations.

• Proposed as answer by Chandra Kumar Monday, May 20, 2013 12:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Friday, May 24, 2013 11:13 AM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 9:46 AM