How to provide a privacy statement in my app? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently publishing an app but they told me "The app has declared access to network capabilities and no privacy statement was provided in the Description page" and "The app has declared access to network capabilities and no privacy statement was provided in the Windows Settings Charm.".

But I just didn't find out the place that provided to write the privacy statement.

It's Lin.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:03 AM

Answers

• I've found the "Windows Settings Charm".

I just wanna say D**N.. I worked for Windows 8 more than several months but I never knew the "Windows Settings Charm" that can be swipe from the right edge of the screen is different between App view and Desktop view!!!!

I found the scenario from Certification Failed with Privacy Statement missing

Here is the example App settings sample

It's Lin.

• Marked as answer by NoahLin Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:50 AM
    • Edited by NoahLin Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:50 AM

All replies

• Take a look at the requirements here and some helpful information here.

The solution for me was to

1. get a Windows Azure Web Site (free during preview) and
    2. make a very simple html page that says what information is collected (or not). 
    3. add a link to this site in the app under the Settings charm
    4. use this link in the appropriate field in the app store submission

Instead of Azure, you could use another free web site like Wordpress.com.  For examples of privacy statements, just take a look at some of the apps in the store.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:29 AM
  • The one on the description page when you submit your app is a small box to provide a link to your privacy policy on your website. It is almost before the submit button.

The charm there are some code examples on this forum and it could be a pop-up message or a link to your site.

-Eric

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:30 AM
  • I've found the "Windows Settings Charm".

I just wanna say D**N.. I worked for Windows 8 more than several months but I never knew the "Windows Settings Charm" that can be swipe from the right edge of the screen is different between App view and Desktop view!!!!

I found the scenario from Certification Failed with Privacy Statement missing

Here is the example App settings sample

It's Lin.

• Marked as answer by NoahLin Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:50 AM
    • Edited by NoahLin Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:50 AM