Silverlight & ASP.NET MVC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

Guys, is it possible to create a menu for web page in way where one whole image is separated into several parts which are the different actions and by clicking on them is running specified controller? If it is, what should I read for? Thank you! 

Monday, February 13, 2012 3:04 PM

Answers

• Hello.

Guys, is it possible to create a menu for web page in way where one whole image is separated into several parts which are the different actions and by clicking on them is running specified controller? If it is, what should I read for? Thank you! 

If you would like to create Web Base Application + transition Controller is the best. Hard to archieve that with WCF.

Why? A: Because WCF or WCF Ria Service doesn't have abilities to manipulate html code as Contoller does.

Why do you need to invoke controller? Controller is great endpoint for Web Base App, It is more power than regular WCF or WCF Ria Service

WCF and WCF Ria Service are just send/recieve data not like controller, Controller manipulate html's view and data.

However, You can invoke contoller by return JSON data. There's only way to do(not difficult).

Integrated Silverlight onto MVC is more easier. Why not use WCF Ria Service for Silverlight part?

The main problem of WCF Ria Service is that not standard its dependencies is base on EF framework not support EF 4.3+ up to EF 5

BTW you can implement regural WCF.

Monday, February 20, 2012 2:17 AM

All replies

• Hello.

We just release new Ribbon control http://wijmo.com/demo/explore/#ribbon|overview

Free for all.

You can integrate Silverlight into MVC3+

Monday, February 13, 2012 4:16 PM
  • Thank you! I`ll take a look on it :)

Monday, February 13, 2012 4:18 PM
  • Thank you! I`ll take a look on it :)

In the next feature we will release DataContext that focus on Client side so that more power and robust than... Existing Web Base Application(HTML5).

And they plan to Integrated WebRTC into jQuery UI Widget Control to make Real Time Comunication(WebRTC).

http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-webrtc-20120209/

Monday, February 13, 2012 4:24 PM
  • Wow, good luck to you then! Hope we will see all of this at the near future! :)

update: I have just seen a ribbon control. It reminds me a text editor :) Am I wrong?

Monday, February 13, 2012 5:44 PM
  • Hi segaman,

update: I have just seen a ribbon control. It reminds me a text editor :) Am I wrong?

Have you resolved your issue? If your question has been solved, please don’t forget mark/vote the replies which helped you, and this will encourage the other community members to join in discussion and help each one. If not, please explain your issue clearly.

Thank you for your support!

Friday, February 17, 2012 4:34 AM
  • Hello.

If you would like to create Web Base Application + transition Controller is the best. Hard to archieve that with WCF.

Why? A: Because WCF or WCF Ria Service doesn't have abilities to manipulate html code as Contoller does.

Why do you need to invoke controller? Controller is great endpoint for Web Base App, It is more power than regular WCF or WCF Ria Service

WCF and WCF Ria Service are just send/recieve data not like controller, Controller manipulate html's view and data.

However, You can invoke contoller by return JSON data. There's only way to do(not difficult).

Integrated Silverlight onto MVC is more easier. Why not use WCF Ria Service for Silverlight part?

The main problem of WCF Ria Service is that not standard its dependencies is base on EF framework not support EF 4.3+ up to EF 5

BTW you can implement regural WCF.

Monday, February 20, 2012 2:17 AM