none
Scroll a content with grip gesture RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I'm developing an application for Kinect that lets me navigate a website through gestures. I did not have any problems creating the navigation bar with its buttons (back and forth) clickable through the push gesture provided by SDK.
    To integrate the Browser I used cefsharp and now my wish is to be able to scroll through content using the grip gesture.
    This is my code where I put the browser inside the ScrollViewer:
    <ScrollViewer Grid.Row = "1" Name = "scrollViewer" HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Auto" VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled" K:KinectRegion.IsScrollInertiaEnabled = "true"> 
    <cefSharp: ChromiumWebBrowser Name = "MainBrowser" Address = "https://www.ict.unito.it/" FrameLoadEnd="MainBrowser_FrameLoadEnd" Grid.Row = "0" />
    </ ScrollViewer>
    Does the SDK provide some functionality to use to drag the bar and / or content? I also accept ideas for a possible implementation.
    Thank you
    Monday, September 4, 2017 4:25 PM

Answers

• Perhaps this might help?! There is a chapter that goes "They see me scrolling..". They use a KinectScrollViewer. I guess a derivation on the regular control.

Kinect Interactions with WPF

There are some tutorials and videos from Channel9 where they showed Wpf Controls with Kinect support.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:21 AM
  • Thank you Nikolaos, but unfortunately KinectScrollViewer is no longer available with the new SDK. I managed to fix it by enabling Zoom within the ScrollView, it is not an optimal solution but still working. Now I have another problem, but I will open another different question.
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 11:18 AM

All replies

• Haven't used gestures yet but you could track either how long the gesture is on and equate it to an single direction translation using a step(one that suits you, delta/s) or perhaps track the delta in CameraSpace and figure out the hand direction and use that to translate the scroll position until it's clamped.

The first should be easier for a simple scrolling behavior. The second approach, while a bit more cumbersome, would also make it easier to add velocity based scrolling.

Monday, September 4, 2017 6:29 PM
  • Thanks for your reply! Before proceeding to my implementation, I would like to know if there is already some library / feature that will allow me to do so. Otherwise, yours seems a valid proposition.
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 8:00 AM
  • Perhaps this might help?! There is a chapter that goes "They see me scrolling..". They use a KinectScrollViewer. I guess a derivation on the regular control.

Kinect Interactions with WPF

There are some tutorials and videos from Channel9 where they showed Wpf Controls with Kinect support.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 11:21 AM
  • Thank you Nikolaos, but unfortunately KinectScrollViewer is no longer available with the new SDK. I managed to fix it by enabling Zoom within the ScrollView, it is not an optimal solution but still working. Now I have another problem, but I will open another different question.
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 11:18 AM