Adding button on the windows (xp/vista/7) login page. RRS feed

All replies

• I'm not sure if this is still possible to make changes on the WinLogon window. In the Gina description there are still GINA Hooks described. The support for GINA hooks ended with Windows XP. This feature can't be used with Vista and 7 anymore. I think the reason for stopping the support for GINA Hooks is the possible security vulnerability if the Winlogon is manipulated without user knowledge...

I would not know an other way modifing the login window. Maybe one of the Microsoft engineers knows a way I do not know.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:31 AM
  • Try search "gina credential provider" in the security programming forum.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:38 PM
  • Hi Sri,

I am moving this thread from “Visual C++ General" forum to the “Security for Applications in Microsoft Windos” forum.,
    since the issue is related to Security for Applications in Microsoft Windos.There are more experts in the “Security for Applications in Microsoft Windos" forum.

Best regards,

Lucy

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, January 21, 2011 3:09 AM
  • Why do you need a button? is the inocation of this application conditional on something?
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:39 PM