Web service or web page RRS feed

• Question

• User-757283477 posted

Hi,

I would like to know what is the best option for this: Need the ability to present a URL that accepts parameters, so something like www.domain.co.uk/page?id=1&name=loftty 

What is the best approach for this?

Regards,

Loftty

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 4:08 PM

Answers

• User283571144 posted

Hi loftty,

In my opinion, this is according to your requirement.

Basically we need to have an Web API if we want to store and process our data in server and let any other application (web application, mobile application, IoT devices etc.) request and get data from that server if needed. 

If your application is just a web application and don't want to let other application to access, I suggest you could choose web page.

Best Regards,

Brando

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 6:59 AM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi loftty,

In my opinion, this is according to your requirement.

Basically we need to have an Web API if we want to store and process our data in server and let any other application (web application, mobile application, IoT devices etc.) request and get data from that server if needed. 

If your application is just a web application and don't want to let other application to access, I suggest you could choose web page.

Best Regards,

Brando

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 6:59 AM
  • User-757283477 posted

Hi Brando,

Thank you for you opinion. It has made me make my decision and create a web service. Thanks for putting so simple.

Regards,

Loftty 

Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:36 AM