none
SQL Server 2000 DTS Designer components

Question

• Hello,

I'm looking for a couple of days to find the "SQL Server 2000 DTS Designer components".

The file is called SQLServer2005_DTS.msi and it can be found on the SQL Server 2005 SP4 Feature pack and I was not able to find on Internet or Microsoft download.

At Microsoft I can find only “Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - February 2007” which contains the indeed the files needed but the version is wrong and it doesn’t work in the environment where is needed.

The version we’re looking for is 9.00.4035.00 and we could find only 9.00.3042.00.

Does anyone know where I could find the "SQL Server 2000 DTS Designer components", SQLServer2005_DTS.msi version 9.00.4035.00?

Thank you

Thursday, November 09, 2017 3:43 PM

All replies

• Are you still on SQL 2005/2008 ?

Hope you know that support for DTS packages ended in SQL 2012. From 2012, you would need to upgrade DTS to SSIS

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Thursday, November 09, 2017 4:28 PM
  • That is true, but to edit a migrated package from DTS to SSIS, you still need the components to edit.

Monday, February 05, 2018 6:26 PM
  • That is true, but to edit a migrated package from DTS to SSIS, you still need the components to edit.

what do you mean?

If its 2012, you can only upgrade is my point

Thereafter you dont need DTS designer, only its upgraded its SSIS and you should be using the relevant SSDT (SQL Server Data Tools) or BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio) IDE to modify SSIS package

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Monday, February 05, 2018 6:40 PM
  • What do you mean "doesn't work"?  Are you getting an error message? What exactly are you trying to use this for?

Monday, February 05, 2018 8:12 PM