with draggable maker...but drag in ripple xdk emulate works Only in Android device and not in Lumia 920

Question

• I have build an App in Intel XDK WP8 & ANDROID that contains a Javascript Google Map... with draggable maker...but drag in ripple xdk emulate works Only in Android device and not in Lumia 920. The Marker in WP8 NOT Moves...

google.maps.event.addListener(marker,'drag', function(event) {        document.getElementById('lat').innerHTML = event.latLng.lat().toString().substring(0,9);        document.getElementById('lng').innerHTML = event.latLng.lng().toString().substring(0,9);		document.getElementById('latlong').innerHTML = event.latLng.lat() + ', ' + event.latLng.lng();    });    google.maps.event.addListener(marker,'dragend', function(event) {        document.getElementById('lat').innerHTML = event.latLng.lat().toString().substring(0,9);        document.getElementById('lng').innerHTML = event.latLng.lng().toString().substring(0,9);		document.getElementById('latlong').innerHTML = event.latLng.lat() + ', ' + event.latLng.lng();					codeLatLng2(event.latLng.lat().toString().substring(0,9),event.latLng.lng().toString().substring(0,9));    });

Monday, February 16, 2015 7:04 PM

All replies

• Hi lsepolis123,

As I know WinJS is also build based on HTML and JavaScript, there shouldn't be any problem of using third party library code.

I would suggest you contact Google for more information to see if they have different solution for Andriod system and Windows Phone system. Thanks for your understanding.

Besides, you could use Bing Maps if you interested :)

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:34 AM
  • Google Javascript APIs must suported by wp8? and w8? browser & hybrid...

Can you say Bing Maps API guide to implement relate to moving marker and getting coordinates from Map?

• Edited by lsepolis123 Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:19 AM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:18 AM
  • Hi Isepolis123,

Not mean Google JavaScript API must supported by wp8, but if we are developing a web based Windows Phone application, there are quite some differences unlike in normal browser, a good example is alert(), you will see the alert() works fine in bowsers but that is not available in WinJS due to Windows Phone has its own render engine. For this reason I would suggest you contact google map support to see if they have some work around for your scenario.

Hope you can understand.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 5:31 AM