Integrate data from my own app into the people app

Question

• Hi,

we've written a Windows Store Apps that displays contacts, messages and status updates from leading German business network.

What we would like to do is to integrate our data into the people app (just like Facebook, twitter, ... do).

I did some research and I think found some information on that when Win 8 was still in Beta but I'm not able to find anything on that topic now.

I guess one has to write an account provider or something like that.

So can we do this as a 3rd party company, or would Microsoft have to implement this?

Friday, May 31, 2013 8:19 AM

Answers

• Microsoft would have to implement this. There is no general plug-in model. The People app itself would need to be updated.

Your app can expose its contacts to the Contact Picker the same way People does, but would provide its own general interface.

--Rob

Friday, May 31, 2013 2:51 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Microsoft would have to implement this. There is no general plug-in model. The People app itself would need to be updated.

Your app can expose its contacts to the Contact Picker the same way People does, but would provide its own general interface.

--Rob

Friday, May 31, 2013 2:51 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you for your quick answer. We've already implemented the Contact Picker. However it would have been great if there had been a way to integrate our data directly into the people app.
    Friday, May 31, 2013 3:01 PM