none
Hide a program from task manager RRS feed

All replies

• Note that there is a pinned message at the top of the forum warning contributors against aiding the development of malicious code.

Unless you provide a good justification for why you want to hide your program from Task Manager, we can only presume that your intentions are malicious.

That said, I don't think that it can be done, at least not in a straightforward way -- you never know if there is some clever trick using the system internals.

Sunday, April 21, 2019 6:44 PM
  • i am not making a rat, why do you think that i just make a launcher that is opening a file from some folder and that folder there are an exe and i hide those file cuz i dont want some one will crack it so i hide those file and i want to hide the program too cuz if they want to get the path of the program they just can right click on the program and go to the path...
    Sunday, April 21, 2019 6:48 PM
  • Among other ways, it can be done by DLL injection and API hooking.

But i don't see why you want to hide your program from Task Manager...

Sunday, April 21, 2019 6:50 PM
  • i want to hide the path of the program by clicking in task manager right click and go to the path
    Sunday, April 21, 2019 6:56 PM
  • i just make a launcher that is opening a file from some folder and that folder there are an exe and i hide those file cuz i dont want some one will crack it so i hide those file 

How do you "hide those file"? 

How do you prevent a user with admin rights from seeing any file on the computer?

- Wayne

Sunday, April 21, 2019 8:44 PM
  • So someone interested in "cracking" your program will just "crack" the launcher to find it.
    Sunday, April 21, 2019 8:49 PM
  • Don't do that.  It's my computer, not yours.  If I don't like your application, I want to be able to kill it.  At some point, your application will have bugs, and someone will need to get rid of it.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Monday, April 22, 2019 6:00 PM