none
Entity Framework issue with saving RRS feed

• Question

• I have create Entity Framework 4 project in Visual Studio 2012, But I have issue with saving data, more over that when I click on add button my Primary Activity and Primary Destination combo box are not getting blank.

My New Updated Project and its Database, database includes mdf and ldf files. Please somebody help me on it.

Friday, November 1, 2013 5:55 PM

Answers

• <copied>

Sorry may be I have mixed up the things. First issue which is though I have return codes correct for save it is not adding data, it is not throwing any error too, so it become difficult to solve the issue.

<end>

If the EF entity/object is not marked as dirty, because a change has taken place within it with one of the entity/object properties, then it's not going to save the entity/object to the database for insert or update nor is an error message going to be thrown. It just not going to persist the entity/object if it's not dirty. 

<copied>

My other issue is that when I click on add button all text box and combo box get empty but my Primary Activity and Primary Destination combo box are not getting blank.

<end>

I still don't know what you are talking about and how this relates to an EF issue.

Saturday, November 2, 2013 10:50 AM

All replies

• <copied>

more over that when I click on add button my Primary Activity and Primary Destination combo box are not getting blank

<end>

What are you talking about here? What you have posted/or stated doesn't  make any sense.

Saturday, November 2, 2013 12:25 AM
  • Sorry may be I have mixed up the things. First issue which is though I have return codes correct for save it is not adding data, it is not throwing any error too, so it become difficult to solve the issue.

My other issue is that when I click on add button all text box and combo box get empty but my Primary Activity and Primary Destination combo box are not getting blank.

Hope this explanation make sense.

Saturday, November 2, 2013 7:14 AM
  • <copied>

Sorry may be I have mixed up the things. First issue which is though I have return codes correct for save it is not adding data, it is not throwing any error too, so it become difficult to solve the issue.

<end>

If the EF entity/object is not marked as dirty, because a change has taken place within it with one of the entity/object properties, then it's not going to save the entity/object to the database for insert or update nor is an error message going to be thrown. It just not going to persist the entity/object if it's not dirty. 

<copied>

<end>

I still don't know what you are talking about and how this relates to an EF issue.

Saturday, November 2, 2013 10:50 AM