none
Send Port Filter for EDI application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have two EDI application running in BizTalk 2009 environment and have a filter for 997 Send Port using BTS.ReceivePortName and BTS.MessageType on both applications. But for some reason when we run Application 1 and Application 2 also try to process the 997 Acknowledgement created by application 1.

Thanks for your Help!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:44 PM

Answers

• I would recommend using separate Send Ports for TA1 and 997 in both the applications and that should do it.
    --------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Harbir,

Just a Thought,  Are you using Same Host for Application 1 and Application 2. If yes then create a separat host  and use for application 2.

Best Practice is use separate host for:

Application: receive, Send ports

Orchestration and pipelines.

If you have are using same host for both, Both application will run under same process and won't have true isolation.

MPramod
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:33 AM
  • Just that I understand this correctly. you have two applications with two 997 send ports. Now the if the value of the filter property BTS.ReceivePortName is same for the two send ports, both will process the message. Can you share the values for the filter.

Cheers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:35 AM
  • I am using following Filter on the Send for the application giving issue:

BTS.ReceivePortName == Receive820ToStore And BTS.MessageType ==http://schemas.microsoft.com/Edi/X12#X12_997_Root Or BTS.MessageType == http://schemas.microsoft.com/Edi/X12#X12_TA1_Root

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:10 PM
  • Hi

The value for the BTS.ReceivePortName  is different.

Thanks!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:38 PM
  • I would recommend using separate Send Ports for TA1 and 997 in both the applications and that should do it.
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:13 AM