none
Word Addin Manifest Generation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem with a Word addin. I have the visual studio 2008 sp1 installed on two machines and I have the same project loaded on both machines. with word installed and everything, only on one pc (pc1) i installed it only a few weeks ago in case that matters (the other pc is pc2). now, when i compile the project on pc1, everyhtings fine. however, when i build the project on pc2, there's an extra install added to the addin manifest, that prevents the addin from loading correctly:

<dependentAssembly dependencyType="install" allowDelayedBinding="true" codebase="de\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Hosting.v9.0.resources.dll" size="28672">
          <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Hosting.v9.0.resources" version="9.0.0.0" publicKeyToken="B03F5F7F11D50A3A" language="de" processorArchitecture="msil" />
          <hash>
            <dsig:Transforms>
              <dsig:Transform Algorithm="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:HashTransforms.Identity" />
            </dsig:Transforms>
            <dsig:DigestMethod Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1" />
            <dsig:DigestValue>u+labl+RY0h3pLCHGIyf91Nkx/E=</dsig:DigestValue>
          </hash>
        </dependentAssembly>

when trying to install the addin, from pc2, he will try to load that assembly from some weird path that doesn't even exist.

I understand, that visual studio is supposed to write the prerequisites for installing the addin into the manifest file. But why would visual studio create two different results on different machines?

thanks

Friday, April 8, 2011 11:38 AM

Answers

• after spending a few more days reading anything available and trying to figure out what went wrong on pc2,
    at last a college of mine had more luck than me.

he found, that i we had vsta installed on pc2, so everytime i build the project, he thought he would need that assembly in order for vsta to work.
    Deinstalling it solved the problem.

thanks

• Marked as answer by pawn88 Sunday, April 17, 2011 12:18 AM
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 12:18 AM

All replies

• pawn88,

you could try doing a Clean Solution and then rebuild it on PC2, or check the references and see if there's something new added. there is documentation that might be helpful: Building and Debugging Office Solutions

m.

Friday, April 8, 2011 8:50 PM
  • after spending a few more days reading anything available and trying to figure out what went wrong on pc2,
    at last a college of mine had more luck than me.

he found, that i we had vsta installed on pc2, so everytime i build the project, he thought he would need that assembly in order for vsta to work.
    Deinstalling it solved the problem.

thanks

• Marked as answer by pawn88 Sunday, April 17, 2011 12:18 AM
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 12:18 AM