none
clear all control contents when form closes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  I have a main form with 4 subforms.  I would like to clear the information out of the controls when the form closes.  There are listboxes, textboxes, checkboxes, and comboboxes that would need to be cleared of info.  I am abit lost on how this would occur and seek assistance from the group to get me started.  

Thank you.

...John

Thursday, September 3, 2015 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi John. Are you talking about an unbound control? Normally, the current values displayed on a form is lost once it is closed. If you're seeing values on the form when you first open it, it is either a default value or the form is bound to a record source.
    • Marked as answer by johnboy0276 Thursday, September 3, 2015 4:52 PM
    Thursday, September 3, 2015 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hi John. Are you talking about an unbound control? Normally, the current values displayed on a form is lost once it is closed. If you're seeing values on the form when you first open it, it is either a default value or the form is bound to a record source.
    • Marked as answer by johnboy0276 Thursday, September 3, 2015 4:52 PM
    Thursday, September 3, 2015 4:21 PM
  • DB, thanks for the reply.  The controls are unbound as is the form.  I just realized the default as the issue was occuring and the other person had hard coded info in to make sure it was showing but then got sidetracked and forgot to remove it.  At least we had a good laugh over it.

...John

Thursday, September 3, 2015 4:52 PM
  • Hi John. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.
    Thursday, September 3, 2015 5:43 PM