none
Got an error while trying to utilize the BingMapsSDSToolkit RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working my way through a Microsoft Virtual Academy course titled, "Getting Started with Visual Studio 2017". They used the BingMapsSDSToolkit in a project on GitHub, which I cloned onto my machine. When I compiled it failed with the following error:

"Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error  Application Configuration file "App.config" is invalid. Could not find file 'C:\Users\Rod\Source\Repos\BingMapsSDSToolkit\Samples\WPF\BingSDSTestApp\App.config'. BingSDSTestApp C:\Users\Rod\Source\Repos\BingMapsSDSToolkit\Samples\WPF\BingSDSTestApp\App.config"

What would cause this error and what can I do about it?

Rod

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 4:01 AM

Answers

• Use the nuget package, very easy. The source has the app.config file being ignored in github as that's where credentials are stored. Do you have a link to the virtual academy tutorial?

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Marked as answer by Doctor-Who Thursday, November 2, 2017 4:09 AM
    Wednesday, November 1, 2017 3:11 PM

All replies

• Use the nuget package, very easy. The source has the app.config file being ignored in github as that's where credentials are stored. Do you have a link to the virtual academy tutorial?

• Marked as answer by Doctor-Who Thursday, November 2, 2017 4:09 AM
    Wednesday, November 1, 2017 3:11 PM
  • I think that will be very helpful Ricky, thank you. I don't have time tonight to work on it, but will in the next few days.

The link to the MVA course is as follows: https://mva.microsoft.com/en-US/training-courses/getting-started-with-visual-studio-2017-17798?l=sqwiwLD6D_1111787171

Rod

Thursday, November 2, 2017 4:06 AM
  • Thanks, haven't seen this one before.

Thursday, November 2, 2017 4:14 AM
  • I am looking at this project again this morning. Got more time to dig into it. I've gone to the GitHub repo on this and see what you mean; there is no App.Config file in the repo, either for Samples\Console\SDSToolkitConsoleApp nor in Samples\WPF\BingSDSTestApp. That's really the root of my problem. Also, I didn't look at it before but there are 2 README.md files in the solution, which give the instructions for installing BingMapsSDSToolkit through the Package Manager Console. Oh well, sorry I didn't see this before.

At this point I'm just going to leave this project undone. The whole purpose of the course was to learn some new things about VS 2017, rather than Bing Maps. It achieved that purpose.

Rod

Saturday, November 4, 2017 2:26 PM