none
Help With Persian (Farsi) MS Word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for some help or guidance of where to go to ask some questions about using MS Word 2010 to create and edit Persian (Farsi) documents. I am not sure where to go to ask these questions and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Is there a user group or discussion forum of Word 2010 users who are using Farsi?

Regards,

Rob

Monday, September 26, 2011 1:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Because your question appears to be more user versus developer oriented, probably the best place would be the Microsoft Answers forum. The following is a link to that Word forum:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com
    Monday, September 26, 2011 2:23 AM
  • Hi Rich,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I will have some developer related questions down the road, but I think I first need to get connected with the forum you mention above so I can help the user get his user related questions answered.

What I am developing is an online translation portal that has on the backend a Web Service (MS SQL Server as datastore) providing a Silverlight rich client interface for translators around the world. The offline functionality is provided by MS Word 2010 and Document Templates using Content Controls. The translators can work in online mode (via Silverlight UI updating database directly) or offline mode (MS Word 2010 Templates editing text in Content Controls) which are then imported (via access to the underlying DocumentML) into the database through an upload functionality.

We have already done the Japanese, Chinese, and Korean text but ran into some unique issues with the RTL Farsi language. Some of those issues are user related (and belong in another forum) but no doubt I will run into developer related issues as I work on the processing of the MS Word 2010 templates.

The goal is to go from MS Word DocumentML to an intermdiate Markup and import these into InDesign IDML templates which are publish ready.

Lots of fun ;-)

Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Rob

Monday, September 26, 2011 5:03 PM
  • Hello RobReno,

I know this was posted months ago but I am very interested to findout if you were successful. I am currently tutoring a family who migrated to the US from Afganistan. People do not seem to understand about Persian and Farsi and Derri(Spelling languages) Example there are several different languages spoken in Afganistan with Farsi being one of them. What you were discussing building would not only help those who migrate to the US but our military as well. Hope you are still interested in this. My friends are in a US college and use MS 10 word freguently. Although they speak english passably well, doing work with college studies, presents serious difficulties for them. They struggle with keeping up due to translation problems. I am excited to read that you were attempting to work on this and hope you are successful!

Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:59 PM
  • Dear Sir,

I am using word 2010 and maybe I can help you. My email address is fartash90@hotmail.com.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 10:39 PM