none
How can I extract Joint Orientation from SDK V1.5 RRS feed

• Question

• I have updated Kinect SDK 1.0 to 1.5. And, I am trying to retrieve data of orientation for each joint. Anyone can help me? I am struggling on it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Monday, June 4, 2012 7:50 AM

Answers

• Dear all,

I have get the idea about it from reading sample project in Toolkit. I will share it, if anyone need it as reference:

rotationMatrix = skeleton.BoneOrientations[JointType.HandLeft].HierarchicalRotation.Matrix;

This is the way to take out hierarchical rotation Matrix; as to the Absolute Rotation, it's the same way.

I will mark here as reply to myself. If you get any more points about it, please feel free to remark it and sharing will be preferred.

:)

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:44 AM

All replies

• Dear all,

I have get the idea about it from reading sample project in Toolkit. I will share it, if anyone need it as reference:

rotationMatrix = skeleton.BoneOrientations[JointType.HandLeft].HierarchicalRotation.Matrix;

This is the way to take out hierarchical rotation Matrix; as to the Absolute Rotation, it's the same way.

I will mark here as reply to myself. If you get any more points about it, please feel free to remark it and sharing will be preferred.

:)

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:44 AM
  • sorry I moved your post by accident. Sounds like you have found the correct answer and the orientation of the joint is now provided. Using the Avateering sample should shed more light on it as well.
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 9:51 PM
  • Yes, the avateering sample is just the example which finally provide me the ideas. Thanks for providing such good examples in the developer toolkit. :)
    Friday, June 8, 2012 1:48 AM
  • (a) Can someone tell me if the new SDK 1.5 support multiple kinect devices

(b) Is there any on-going effort/research or samples illustrating how to combine two kinect devices pointing on same person and improve the quality of Avaterring? 

(c) Any links involving 2 or more kinects using SDK 1.5?

Thank you

Saturday, June 16, 2012 6:28 AM
  • hello there 

i have a problem that  i think you can help me with.

im using C# to view the basic skeleton using kinect .

now what i want is to type the value of "JointType.HandRight" on a txt file onthe desktop. in order to do that i have to change this variable type to a string or char. any idea on how to do that ? if you can please to me here and on my email : hit3007@hotmail.com .

this will be great help . thanks

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:12 PM