WCF Net.Tcp Binding question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. First off, I am not a developer. I am responsible for aserver that hosts WCF web services.

My issue...

I have configured a web root with a Net.Tcp binding. The Net.Tcp and Port Sharing services are enabled. The goal is to bind the listener to a specific IP address, rather than all (0.0.0.0). The only way I am able to successfully do this is by using the IP address in the binding information, like this:

8301:192.168.2.100

When configured like this, I can see that the listener is only on 192.168.2.100:8301 by running netstat.exe, which is what I want. When I configure it like either two of these examples, it listens on 0.0.0.0, which I do not want.

8301:*
        8301:myserver

The problem is that the developer's code can only successfully access the service by using the IP address when the IP address is specified in the binding (net.ctp://192.168.2.100/Myservice). The application cannot connect to the service using a host name, net.tcp://myserver/Myservice. It returns this error:

"There was no endpoint listening at net.tcp://myserver:8301/MyService.svc that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action."

We are having a hard time finding out much information about WCF Net.Tcp, so any help is appreciated.
    Friday, December 12, 2008 9:03 PM

All replies

• Oops! I just notice the annoucement above regarding WCF posts. I posted this over there.
    Friday, December 12, 2008 9:09 PM