Mocking on VSTS testing framework RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

It is great to see that unit testing for mobile devices is integrated with VSTS 2008. However, I really cannot understand why there is not any built-in mocking framework with VSTS.

I searched on the net for a simple third party mocking framework that works on .NET CF but I could not find one.

I tried to compile Moq and NMock source codes on .NET CF (3.5) but because of the absenteeism of backbone namespaces such as System.Reflection Emit and RealProxy, none of the mocking frameworks compiled successfully on CF.

I just want to be able to use Mocking while unit testing my mobile application inside .NET CF (2.0 or 3.5) with VSTS' test framework.

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards,
    kro

Thursday, November 6, 2008 8:19 AM

Answers

• Hi kro

We don't provide mocking framework for .NET Framework. There are huge number of types in .NET class library and mocking .NET Framework is very complicated. Currently, I'm not aware of that we have plan to provide the mocking framework for .NET.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Proposed as answer by Bill.Wang Saturday, November 15, 2008 3:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bill.Wang Monday, November 17, 2008 7:11 AM
    Monday, November 10, 2008 7:49 AM