none
There is a COMException when initialize Outlook Application on Windows 10. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a program need administrator permission, so I set in app.manifest file like below:

<requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false" />

This program got an exception when initialize Outlook Application:

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application oOutlook = New Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application();

Exception:

"An exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in mscorlib.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80080005 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))."

I think the reason may be Outlook 2013 run as a standard user default on Windows 10, but my program run as administrator. They have different level permission.

If I don't modify Windows 10 system default settings. How can I get Outlook Application in my program. Thank you very much!

Thursday, June 15, 2017 4:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Stella 1386 Li,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, what is the type of your project? 

Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.

The following error will occur when you try to automate Office server-side.

CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE (0x80080005): Server execution failed

For more details, please refer to the MSDN article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/257757/considerations-for-server-side-automation-of-office

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 16, 2017 8:44 AM