none
Upgraded Entity Framework in a class library. Do I need to also reference it in my application? RRS feed

• Question

• I use an entity data model in a class library.  I reference the class library with my applications.

I just updated my class library to use the newest EF5 library.  I see the new EntityFramework.dll file in the output directory when I build my class library.  But I don't see it in the output directory of my applications that use the class library.  Wondering if I also need to explicitly reference the same DLL in my applications to actually use an updated Entity Framework?

thank you

• Edited by devouree Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:00 PM
    Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:55 PM

Answers

•  

Yes the application that uses the new dll will also need to be updated.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

• Marked as answer by devouree Monday, October 29, 2012 4:42 PM
    Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:50 PM

All replies

•  

Yes the application that uses the new dll will also need to be updated.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

• Marked as answer by devouree Monday, October 29, 2012 4:42 PM
    Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:50 PM
  • Thank you!  And by that, you mean the application will have to also reference the EntityFramework?  It doesn't reference it now, it just references the class library.
    Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:14 PM
  •   

What I mean is that you have upgraded the class library which is the Entity Framework model. Now you will also need to upgrade all other project that depends on that library.

Fernando (MCSD)

Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:39 PM