none
Silent Install of 3rd Party Driver - Removing install warning & initiating reboot RRS feed

• Question

• I've successfully added the silent install (.msi) file to my data souce and included the installation line in my answer file so that the installation of a 3rd party driver is successful.  However there are two things that still aren't as clean as I'd like.

(1)  Even though I've removed all security components, when the installation runs, I get a Security pop-up window asking "Would you like to install this device software?" and asking whether I should always trust software from this vendor.  How can I avoid this prompt?

(2)  The driver install requires a reboot.  Where and how can I add that to my answer file?

Thanks for any tips!
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 6:17 PM

All replies

• Do you need to use the .msi to install the driver? If not I think the only way to avoid the pop-up is by turning driver signing off with bcdedit. If you don't need to use the installer, then the best way to do this is to use the driverPaths setting via ICE. That way the driver will install offline during setup, so you don't need to worry about rebooting or the message box. To do this you need the driver files(.inf, .sys, etc.). It won't work with the .msi file. 

The easiest way to do this, is to create a folder for the new driver in the Out-of-Box drivers folder located in your Distribution Share, and drop the driver bits into that folder. Then in ICE you can right click that new folder and select "Insert Driver Path to Pass 2 offlineServicing". That will automatically add the setting to the unattend. You can see the change by going to Answer file pane -> Select Windows Embedded Edition -> Select PnpCustomizationsNonWinPE -> Open the DriverPath setting. You should see the path to your driver folder. As long as you have the .inf & other needed files in that folder it should install.  

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:50 PM
  • Quick solution could be DialogFilter.

But I'm also working on this. In XPe there were a bunch of Registry settings, but i don't know if they working in wes7 and i don't want to messup the wes7 registry with keys which aren't effect the system.

"Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:09 PM