none
Approval Workflow - overdue reminder being sent even though task is completed

Question

• Hi there,

I have an approval workflow attached to a form library.  I have no idea why but a task that was completed in March 2016, has started sending out reminder emails to complete the task.  I've checked the workflow and the task and all is completed and approved!

Any ideas on how to stop this reminder from sending?

Monday, April 03, 2017 10:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

pls check the below

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/647880fd-2530-40b0-9a4f-3f3d3aca5331/how-to-stop-overdue-task-reminders-from-completed-workflows?forum=sharepointcustomizationlegacy

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Monday, April 03, 2017 11:09 PM
  • Hi kelsnz,

Please check if there are some old version of the workflows in the form library are running.

Open Library Settings > Workflow Settings > Click on “Remove, block, or restore a workflow” option, remove the workflows which you do not need anymore. After that, check if the overdue reminder is stopped.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 04, 2017 8:33 AM
  • Hi Linda,

If I remove the workflows that have instances attached - I'm guessing that will remove the workflow history from the items that have used this instance?  If that is the case, that is not really an option as we require the history for auditing purposes.

Any other ideas?

Thursday, April 06, 2017 6:11 AM
  • Hi kelsnz,

After the workflow instances are deleted, workflow history items themselves are not deleted, but the entry point to view them on the status page for a particular instance of a workflow will no longer be available.

We can view the workflow history list by accessing to <site>/lists/Workflow%20History.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 07, 2017 1:48 AM