none
Including people from the Global Address List without them receiving the meeting request RRS feed

• Question

• Re-phrased question: does anyone know if I can populate a text box in an appointment form with names from the Global Address List without those names being treated by Outlook as recipients?

What I'd like is for people in my company to be able to open a calendar item and to see not just the names of the people in the 'To' and 'Cc' fields, but also the names of other people in the organisation who - though they haven't been invited to the meeting - have some connection to it or the subject under discussion.

I could just have a free text field, but it would be much better if I could somehow link that field to the GAL - on condition that this doesn't result in them being added to the list of other recipients and receiving a copy of the meeting request.

Does that make sense? Afraid I'm not a programmer so may be describing things incorrectly..

Thanks

Alex

Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:06 PM

Answers

• You cannot link the field to the GAL without writing code to get the GAL members and then populate the field with those names or addresses or whatever. You can use a textbox or a listbox for that.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "Alexandermason" <=?utf-8?B?QWxleGFuZGVybWFzb24=?=> wrote in message news:d36f4635-8b6b-4e13-98e8-b71b66131b97...

Re-phrased question: does anyone know if I can populate a text box in an appointment form with names from the Global Address List without those names being treated by Outlook as recipients?

What I'd like is for people in my company to be able to open a calendar item and to see not just the names of the people in the 'To' and 'Cc' fields, but also the names of other people in the organisation who - though they haven't been invited to the meeting - have some connection to it or the subject under discussion.

I could just have a free text field, but it would be much better if I could somehow link that field to the GAL - on condition that this doesn't result in them being added to the list of other recipients and receiving a copy of the meeting request.

Does that make sense? Afraid I'm not a programmer so may be describing things incorrectly..

Thanks

Alex

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Friday, April 12, 2013 2:51 PM