none
Installing FBWF and Registry Filter on deployed systems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have about 60 systems deployed in the field that I would like to install the FBWF and Registry Filter on and enable it.  Is this possible and if so, does anyone have a good article on walking someone through it and what to look out for?

These are systems in production, so I need to get as much info before I test on internal systems and then eventually apply to the deployed systems.

Thanks

Friday, May 29, 2015 5:35 PM

Answers

• You can create a configuration set that includes the FBWF, Registry Filter, and any MUI Language packages. Then use DISM in each system to apply the configuration set.

One the packages have been installed, you can setup FBWF using FBWFMGR.EXE. Registry filter will take some work, but you can add registry keys if you need them preserved using regedit.exe.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Saturday, May 30, 2015 3:42 AM

All replies

• You can create a configuration set that includes the FBWF, Registry Filter, and any MUI Language packages. Then use DISM in each system to apply the configuration set.

One the packages have been installed, you can setup FBWF using FBWFMGR.EXE. Registry filter will take some work, but you can add registry keys if you need them preserved using regedit.exe.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Saturday, May 30, 2015 3:42 AM
  • Thanks Sean.  I want to just say how great it is how active you are with the Embedded community.  I see your replies in pretty much every thread.

Can you expand on the Registry filter and how it would take some work?  I'd like to put in registry exclusions to remember Timezone, Daylight savings, Wireless and LAN settings, etc.  I'm sure to preserve these settings requires a combination of FBWF and Registry?  Would you recommend that I just forget the Registry filter and just implement file based?

Saturday, May 30, 2015 5:48 PM
  • Preserving the network connections is a little tricky. It is best to disable FBWF, make the change, and then re-enable FBWF.

Updating the registry filter was posted on the forum some time ago. I think I made a note of this in my book. 

Sunday, May 31, 2015 3:54 AM