SCSF Stopped Working correctly RRS feed

• Question

• We have a large solution that was created using the SCSF. We subsequently have added a multiple of projects to it - some of them are SCSF generated ones and others are not. (For example, a database project, a web services project were not added using SCSF; a new project to hold Views/Presenters was added using SCSF.)

It has been a while since we needed to add a new view into a project. With the SCSF enabled, when I go to the project, right click for the pop-up menu, the only option I get from the Smart Client Factory item is to add a web reference. It doesn't show the Add View/Presenter.

I have also tried enabling the SCSF, and from that pop-up window, selecting the "recipe" for Adding a View/Presenter. It then shows the solution and all the projects in a pop-up. But everything it shows is shown as disabled. Can't do anything with it.

Nothing is jumping out at me when I try to compare the solution files - a current one to one back when we know it was working. However, the solution is much bigger than the version I compared, and there is a lot of stuff in there.

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions? I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the Guidance and SCSF but no changes in the result.

Thursday, February 1, 2007 3:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Your question is a factory specific question while this forum is for GAX and GAT related questions, so you may want to ping the forums for the Smart Client factory where they should be able to better assist you.

The issue you describe looks like it may have something to do with bound templates, they may 'disappear' if you disable/enable the package and there is no easy way to bring them back. But again, as I'm not very familiar with the SC factory I can't really tell...

-Victor.
    Thursday, February 1, 2007 4:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Your question is a factory specific question while this forum is for GAX and GAT related questions, so you may want to ping the forums for the Smart Client factory where they should be able to better assist you.

The issue you describe looks like it may have something to do with bound templates, they may 'disappear' if you disable/enable the package and there is no easy way to bring them back. But again, as I'm not very familiar with the SC factory I can't really tell...

-Victor.
    Thursday, February 1, 2007 4:39 PM
  • I have the same problem and I don't know how to fix it, or where to post it in order to get some feedback.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 4:38 AM