Preventing A Particular ScatterViewItem From Moving After All The Touch Contacts Are Removed RRS feed

• Question

• Using ScatterView with ScatterViewItems. The general behaviour for all scatterviewitems is for continued inertial movement after releasing touch contacts.

However for one particular item in my scatterview I want to be able to prevent the continued intertial manipulation after I release my touch contacts.  In other words I want to prevent a particular item from being 'thrown' across the screen, preferring it to stop manipulating as soon as the last touch point is removed from the item.

Is there any way to do this?

• Moved by Linda Liu Monday, June 14, 2010 3:26 AM (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 12:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Jack:

Try setting the ScatterContentControlBase.Deceleration property to double.NaN. Here is some info from the reference page:

The value for the Deceleration property must be positive and finite. Or, to disable inertia, set this property to double.NaN; this causes the ScatterContentControlBase control to stop moving as soon as the manipulation ends. This property applies to translational velocity only; rotational inertia can still occur. Use the AngularDeceleration property to affect rotational inertia.

- Mark

Don't forget to mark the best responses as Answers, thanks. - Mark
    Monday, June 14, 2010 5:09 PM