none
what is the input coming in from Kinect ? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All, 

I a have developed some project using Kinect.

I am still trying to figure out what is the raw input coming in from Kinect to the system. Is it the data in for matrices as the msdn site for Kinect says they use quaternion matrix or is the bytesperpixels of 16 bits for depth information which is later transformed into skleton or , RGB or Depth or something different .

Please provide a quick response its urgent .

Regards

Afzal khan

Listen , Smile , Agree, And Then Do whatever the Fuck you were gonna do AnyWay

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 9:42 AM

All replies

• somebody please reply 

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:02 PM
  • Afzal,

I'll do my best.  You have three primary streams: depth, color and speech. 

Depth and color are both run through machine learning processes to derive the skeleton stream information.

Color data comes across as byte arrays.  You can decide how the bytes are laid out -- but the default is rgba @ 30 frames a second and a 640 x 480 resolution.

Depth data comes across as an array of specialized objects called depth image pixels which includes the depth value (distance from the sensor) in millimeters.

James

James Ashley - Presentation Layer Architect at Razorfish Emerging Experiences
    jamesashley@imaginativeuniversal.com
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com www.emergingexperiences.com

Friday, April 18, 2014 3:33 PM
  • Dear James, 

Thank you for your reply.

I am concerned about the skeleton data .  I know that skeleton and depth have the same parent class does it mean that the data that is coming in is depth image pixel in terms of bytes per pixel and skeleton is being generated with the depth data (which is actually bytes per pixel, depth data is 13 bits and last three bits are about the players ).

Please do clarify .

Regards

Afzal

Friday, April 18, 2014 4:59 PM
  • Depth data is analyzed to generate a "Skeleton" data structure that contains various collections of joints and other properties. This is generated at the runtime and not the sensor.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:58 PM