none
Excel ChangeRequest - adding new xlNotFilterValues enum to AutoFilter RRS feed

• Question

• Recently, an user ask me to add a filter with a criteria that is equivalent to filter all values that are NOT in the list. 

In Excel, the only Operator enum that I can use for AutoFilter method is xlFilterValues.

In this case, criteria must contains a list of values in a String array. I have devlopped some VBA code that extract in a Collection all possible distinct values that a column can contains, that remove not acceptable values and that save all these values in an array that I pass to AutoFilter(xlFilterValues) method. This work well, but it is very tricky.

My request is 

Can Microsoft add a new enum that filter all values NOT in the array (exemple: xlNotFilterValues) ?

I have a second request linked to this one

Can Microsoft add a new enum that filter using Regex matching (example xlRegexMatch) ? In Criteria, we must specify the Regex that is used to match the filter. 

• Edited by bschlebe Friday, January 19, 2018 7:06 AM
    Friday, January 19, 2018 7:05 AM

Answers

• this question as currently (2018-03-20) NO solution because this is a new enhancement.

• Marked as answer by bschlebe Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:22 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:22 AM

All replies

• Suggest that you post at the link below which is specifically for suggestions.

After submitting the suggestion, you could post a link to the suggestion on this forum with a view to incrementing the votes for the idea.

https://excel.uservoice.com/

Regards, OssieMac

Friday, January 19, 2018 11:15 AM
  • Hi bschlebe,

From the description of the thread, I can see that you have some new Feature Request.

But It looks like you post your request on incorrect place.

This forum is suitable for issues regarding Excel VBA Object Model.

For a Feature Request, you need to provide your Feedback on Excel User Voice.

As already suggested by OssieMac.

You can post your request there and try to mark the suggestions as an answer on this thread.

So that we can close this thread and in future, It can be helpful to other community members who have same kind of issues.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 22, 2018 6:53 AM
  • Monday, January 22, 2018 10:11 AM
  • Hi bschlebe,

I can see that you had posted your request on correct place.

But you can see that this thread is still open.

I suggest you to mark the appropriate suggestion as an answer.

It will help us to close this thread.

The thread will remain open until you mark the answer.

I suggest you to take suitable actions to close this thread.

thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 12:52 AM
  • this question as currently (2018-03-20) NO solution because this is a new enhancement.

• Marked as answer by bschlebe Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:22 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:22 AM