Visual Studio 2005/VS2008 controller and agent. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have downloaded VS 2005 Professional for software testers for my code coverage activity. One of my requirements was to execute manual test on a remote machine, so for we know we will have to use controller and agent feature. I saw this edition which I have downloaded had the controller and agent option. I didnt know how to use it so I referred the MSDN links there by I came to know I am in need of VS2005 team test load agent product to use this feature.

Now could any one please let me know which version of VS2005 or VS2008 includes controller and agent feature without any need of such load agent product?

Any VS2005/VS2008 which would readily provides this feature.

Regards,

Puneeth

Puneeth

Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Puneeth,

Thanks for posting here.

In my opinion, VS 2005 is very old version and Microsoft doesn't support now. I suggest that you could use higher version of VS. And do you want to run test with TFS build? Do you have any problem with TFS?

This forum aims to discuss and ask questions about Team Foundation Server general topics such as Power tools, reports and other general concepts.

If you have issue with VS test, you may get better support from Test Tools in Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 .

From your current description, if you choose to run tests remotely, for VS2008 you identify the controller to use by specifying its network name or its IP address. For more information, see Controllers, Agents, and Rigs.

As to how to use VS2008 to specify the test Run Configuration, see link below.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182480%28v=vs.90%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

May

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 20, 2015 6:59 AM