GSA Pricing for VSTS RRS feed

• Question

• I am giving a Visual Studio Team System presentation to my management at the end of the month and I would like to have a better understanding of the pricing (I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat). I work at a government facility and we would be getting GSA pricing for this product. I just got off the phone with Microsoft and they said they do not have any information on pricing other than what is on the MSDN site. (Until 6 weeks before the product ships.) So this is the information that I have so far:

6 Managers - TFSC CAL @ $381 = $2,286
    20 Analysts - TFSC CAL @ $381 = $7,620
    35 Developers - VS 2005 Team Edition for Software Developers @ $4,040 = $141,400
    4 CPU - VS Team Foundation Server @2,799 = $11,196

This comes to a total of $162,502. (For the first year?) Now I know that all the posts say that no one pays retail, but what figure do I give management? Is there a formula to calculate a rough estimate for a GSA price?

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 5:13 PM

Answers

• GSA Schedule pricing is not available at this time. There's no simple formula for computing it from retail pricing. However, I think you could use the retail pricing as your high end budget ask. GSA Schedule pricing will most likely be lower.

With regard to Team Foundation Server, it's licensed using the server/CAL model. When you say "4 CPU" in your post, I'm not certain if you meant 4 servers or a quad-proc server.

Friday, July 15, 2005 8:40 PM

All replies

• GSA Schedule pricing is not available at this time. There's no simple formula for computing it from retail pricing. However, I think you could use the retail pricing as your high end budget ask. GSA Schedule pricing will most likely be lower.

With regard to Team Foundation Server, it's licensed using the server/CAL model. When you say "4 CPU" in your post, I'm not certain if you meant 4 servers or a quad-proc server.

Friday, July 15, 2005 8:40 PM
  • Thank you for the information. I found out after I posted that the Team foundation Server is licensed at the server level, and not per CPU. I have always been not very fond of the CPU licensing scheme, so this news is a breath of fresh air. Smile

Saturday, July 16, 2005 2:29 AM