Binding a ValueConverter needs way of exposing choices for the param RRS feed

• Question

• Hoping something like this is in Blend 4, but here's one item I would love to see in Blend.

I would like to be able to place an atribute on a valueconverter that would all me to modify how the "param" string is presented.

Basically, I would like at least some of the following abilities:

1. Allow the params to show as a combobox for enumerated values.

2. Allow the params to show a help tooltip.  (Maybe my valuecoverter is a time to string, where I want to be able to control the formatting through the param such as: "HH:MM:SS")

It might be nice to have a way of validation on a format string, but I think the important part is just some way of presenting the designer with some contextual control and help.

Thanks,

Jim Tomasko

Friday, March 26, 2010 9:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Jim,

I am not sure if we are doing any specific UI around this for Blend 4, but assuming that your valueconverter is used in XAML as a resource, could you not just use the Blend Resource Pane to make changes to the parameters of the object? The resource pane should be capable of displaying artbirary objects and its properties, and for us your implementation of IValueConverter is just another object with properties.

Hope this helps!

Unni

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 6:51 PM