204 when using client credentials to authenticate with REST api RRS feed

• Question

• I am experiencing an issue where normal user credentials to generate the auth token for the REST api works as expected, but when using client credentials, a 204 is returned on the same call. Is this normal behavior?
    Thursday, November 8, 2018 7:52 PM

All replies

• Can you share your code sample or the document you are using?
    Saturday, November 10, 2018 12:55 AM
  • Are you trying in swagger or something else? We were able to get valid responses from postman. 
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 7:37 PM
  • i get the access token as but when i call the api, 401 error is returned. In both way (swagger and postman) i've the same issue.

what's wrong?

Friday, December 7, 2018 11:54 AM
  • Hi,

Assuming this is about the Workbench API, we perform access control on various endpoints to determine what data to share with the user. A user that has Administrator privileges will be able to see anything, while a non-admin user will only be able to see applications/contracts for which they have an assigned role.

Either add your client to the requisite application, or make your client an administrator for the Workbench deployment. You can read more about managing Workbench administrators here.

A 401 error indicates that the user is unauthorized to query data about the endpoint in question. This can happen if you are a non-admin and you query about a specific application/contract instance for which you do not have a role. The same advice applies: either add your user to a role within the application, or make the user an administrator for the Workbench deployment.

Microsoft Azure Blockchain Team

Thursday, December 13, 2018 10:13 PM