none
Microsoft.Ace.OleDb.12.0 Server RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

Last week i have changed from computer to a new one. The old computer runs on Windows 7. The new with Windows10. I working on a project. I have made the data tables in Acces 2013. The project with VisualStudio 2013 Express for Desktops. On the old computer the server "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" could be found. On the new computer i get the message: "The 'Microsoft.Ace.Oledb.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. My question is to you: "How do i solve this problem"?

Regards W.Hofstee.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:10 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The following link will assist you (you need to install the drivers)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6649363/microsoft-ace-oledb-12-0-provider-is-not-registered-on-the-local-machine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:34 AM
  • It really depends upon whether you have 32-bit or 64-bit Office/Access installed on your machine. If you have 32-bit Access/Office installed then you will need to compile the app using the x86 Platform. If 64-bit Access/Office is installed then the Platform option can be Any CPU or x64. It could be just a matter of changing this option in order for the app to function. I would try this before attempting to install any version of the Access database engine.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:50 PM
  • Hello Paul,

By the compiler the setting stands on Any CPU. I have tried the changes x86 and x64. It does not help. I will try that what karininstructor wrote.

By the way, I have Office installed with 64 bit.

Thank you for your answer,

Regard, Willem.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:31 PM
  • Hello Karen,

I will try your solution. Stand by.

Thank you for your answer.

Regards Willem.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:32 PM
  • Hi Karen,

Your solution don't work. I have downloaded the Data engine 2010. It helps me nothing. Is there an other solution?

Regard Willem.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:44 PM
  • Thursday, February 23, 2017 3:11 PM
  • Hi Karen,

Your solution don't work. I have downloaded the Data engine 2010. It helps me nothing. Is there an other solution?

Regard Willem.

Willem,

It goes, but it is a pain, it is a X86 version  if you have X64 bits Office installed you can get problems.

Look at this page. https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/office2010/2010/02/23/understanding-64-bit-office/

It ends with

For these reasons, we recommend running 32-bit Office 2010 even on 64-bit Windows operating systems for better compatibility. On 64-bit Windows, more applications and documents may be opened at once, and switching among them will be faster because the machine can have more physical memory for the processes to share. When the 64-bit ecosystem for Office is more mature, you’ll be able to easily migrate to 64-bit Office!

My opinion about that text, needless to tell, it is probably the same as yours.

I don't know which system of Office is already as mature that it does not give the problems you have. Maybe Paul or Karen knows. 

Success
    Cor

Thursday, February 23, 2017 3:18 PM
  • Hi Cor,

That means that i have to unstall Microsoft Office 2010 or Acces 2013. And Install them again in the 32 bits mode. I will think it over.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards, Willem.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 3:30 PM
  • Hello Paul,

By the compiler the setting stands on Any CPU. I have tried the changes x86 and x64. It does not help. I will try that what karininstructor wrote.

By the way, I have Office installed with 64 bit.

Thank you for your answer,

Regard, Willem.

Did you try installing the 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

This is the version you should be using if 64-bit Office is installed. Your Visual Basic project should be set to Any CPU.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 3:39 PM

• Did you try installing the 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

This is the version you should be using if 64-bit Office is installed. Your Visual Basic project should be set to Any CPU.

Paul,

I remember me you had once written something about this one. Nevertheless I tried it again. 

1. I installed it as Administrator
    2. I did a restart
    3. I tried it with a northwind accdb database

This was the result.

You are the expert around this in this forum, any solution?

Success
    Cor

Thursday, February 23, 2017 4:05 PM
  • Hi Cor,

I was not the person. But the error message is the same.

Regards Willem.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 4:10 PM
  • Hi Cor,

I was not the person. But the error message is the same.

Regards Willem.

The 64-bit version should work providing that the app is also running 64-bit. Have you tried running an Office Repair? It does seem to indicate that you have an Office configuration issue.

Friday, February 24, 2017 12:56 PM
  • Hi HofsteeWillem,

The ACE provider is not installed on Windows operating systems by default. You have to install it. The ACE provider is available in two forms: Microsoft Office Access database engine 2007 and  the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable. The 2007 version is only available as a 32-bit component whereas the 2010 version offers both 32 and 64-bit options.

For more information, please refer to:

https://www.mikesdotnetting.com/article/280/solved-the-microsoft-ace-oledb-12-0-provider-is-not-registered-on-the-local-machine

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 3, 2017 8:16 AM
  • Cor,

Since Visual Studio is 32-bit only the 32-bit version will function from the Data Tools in the IDE.

Friday, March 3, 2017 1:03 PM