Face api detection and compare two images with JSON result RRS feed

• Question

• I can see how to use the face detection part of the Face API to get the bio metric information about an image such as on your example page:  https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cognitive-services/face/   in the face detection section.  What I would like to do is be able to get that data for images and use the JSON result to compare images for similar matches.  Is it possible to use the JSON result from face API detection for comparing if images are similar?  I would use the API to compare but I have a large number of images locally.  What I would like to do is initially extract the bio metric information using face API detection, then when I want to do a search get the data from a photo and query against the saved extracted bio metric information in the JSON result.

Thanks,

Andy

Thursday, August 10, 2017 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

I am also looking into comparing face with the existing images and come with the best detection. Let me know, if you found any solution around this.

Thanks!

Ravi

Saturday, November 11, 2017 6:46 AM
  • Unfortunately the Cognitive Services Face API doesn't support this today. Verification/Identification isn't derived from the 27 landmarks. 
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:42 AM