Updating SharePoint liste item in InfoPath RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys

First of all I want to say that I'm new in InfoPath. Since a week I'm strugelling with updating SharePoint list items in InfoPath. To update the items I use CAML and it works perfectly but I have to fill manually all fields for eg. ID etc. 

My question is how to make it a little bit user friendly and let the user see the items that you want to update (in the same CAML fields) . To make this, I was trying to set default value for the CAML(xml) repeating table  field the value from the SharePoint list (also from a repeating table). But unfortunately, I'm unable to set the default value for the CAML field (option in filed properties is disable). 

I think it can be done by writing a code for the form but I'm not so good at programming. Guys, could you please help me?

Thanks in advance for helping me and have a nice evening :)

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Kapita,

Did you mean that you want to retrieve the SharePoint list items in an InfoPath form repeating table as default value?

You can retrieve them using infopath data connections per this article, then you can update the data to sharepoint list you used.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 5, 2011 11:03 AM