none
determine whether current windows installation was done from a USB recovery drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am testing windows recovery drive feature for windows 10 for automating some existing workflow in my company.

Following below link, I was able to create a USB recovery drive and then install the image from the recovery drive. 

https://www.pcmag.com/feature/362167/how-to-revive-windows-10-with-a-recovery-drive/3

Does the installation from the recovery drive create any logs or any registry keys to know that installation was done from recovery drive? I was not able to find any logs.

Any reply would be helpful.

• Moved by Sean LimingMVP Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:37 AM Windows 10 question
    • Edited by raghu12345 Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:24 AM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no such logs or registry keys.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by raghu12345 Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:57 AM
    Friday, September 13, 2019 12:34 PM

All replies

• This forum is for Windows Embedded Standard 7. I will move the post to a Windows 10 forum.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:36 AM
  • Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no such logs or registry keys.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by raghu12345 Tuesday, September 17, 2019 10:57 AM
    Friday, September 13, 2019 12:34 PM